Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 10 August 14, 2009

Morning came quickly and several of us met randomly in the lobby for the continental breakfast. Again, some short goodbyes as we checked our watches for the correct time. Suoko was the first to leave around 6:30 am for a long flight back to Japan. Then Judy and Kathy left together. Judy to fly directly back and Kathy was renting a car to drive to Alberqueque, NM to meet her husband for another week's vacation. John, Judy, and I took the airport shuttle together. Jared, Junko, and Natalie were staying an additonal day and Tombstone was on their list of places to go for fun and excitement. I was not sure of the remainder of our team's departures for the day.

I was definitely ready for the long flight today because I knew it would bring me home. There were so many things to share about this expediton as my family was left without the use of a computer because I brought our only working computer with me to blog. So all of these words you have faithfully read during these past 10 days have gone unread in the Stockton household. I wonder if they would prefer to just read my blog or have me tell the multitude of stories in person. Ah, I know their preference would be to read it! Thankfully, my brother, Glenn, was able to repair Gary's computer towards the end of my venture. I actually received an email from Gary on Thursday with the good news that his computer was up and running.

Some of the last words of wisdom during this expedition were from John in the airport. He said the daily devotional for this day was "Let me see".....Yes, all of us on Team #4 of Caterpillars and Climate Change have been awakened in our vision of the world around us. Our eyes see the many wonders just waiting for us in the shrubs, bushes, and trees. To know a caterpillar is to know its host plant. And to know its host plant is to know the various other creatures that inhabitat it.

We are forever grateful for the many experts who took the time to teach us about the wonderful world of caterpillars:

Dr. Lee Dyer, Dr. Mike Singer, Angela Smilanich, Dr. Dave Wagner "Wags", Ryan Wagner, Mike Thomas, Peri Mason, Tim Farkas.

No comments:

Post a Comment