Tuesday, August 4, 2009

11 1/2 hours to TAKEOFF!

Well, this is it......the date has almost arrived. I'm packed and actually "stuffed" into 2 suitcases. I'll check one and carry on the other bag. I will take my Toshiba laptop and can already predict that I'll be posting each time I am near WIFI.

Today I shared lunch with my 4th grade teammates (and I hate to say former teammates!) Lisa and Denise. We ate Chinese and you can only imagine what was inside my fortune cookie (actually I ate 2 so I have 2 fortunes!)

#1......Be prepared to accept a wondrous opportunity in the days ahead.
#2...... Learning is a treasure which accompanies us everywhere.

I don't think there could be more appropriate words that can describe my Earthwatch Expedition.
I plan on making the most of this, learning all I can, always thinking of how I can relate my research to my upcoming class, and having fun along the way.

My next post may be from TIA or Dallas......I hope you will enjoy reading my daily journals from Arizona. I want you to feel like you are traveling along with me. Now it's time to close and prepare for tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment